Two blog posts in a week! It’s like 2006 all over again.

But seriously, I figured out a really annoying side-effect of moving back from WP Engine to my own hosting six months ago, and that is that file and folder permissions were set incorrectly (WPE for some reason uses 700 for folders, and 664 for files, and I had to change them manually to 755 and 644 respectively). My .htaccess file was working just fine. So was that redirection plugin that I removed. Ah well.

I’ve now unlocked a series of old files that were supposed to “just work”. It’s all because my webfinger file wasn’t showing up.

Now it is. Happy days.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *