The Setup On 9 July 2013, I became aware of a problem with my email. I use OS X on my primary machine, which is usually running the latest beta of everything. I run beta software so that you don’t have to. My primary mail client on OS X is Mail, the one that’s includedContinue reading Recovering Apple Mail
I’ve just written a very nifty C# application, and for reasons of secrecy, I can’t tell anyone what it is or how it works! This is frustrating because I think it’s awesome. Hopefully just posting this entry about [redacted] will get the excitement off my chest and then I can continue doing my tax filing.
I ran into a bit of a snag with my original plan. I built the framework for parsing the SQL script, one statement at a time, and catered for statements that wrapped over more than one line. It took about two hours to get to the point where I was ready to parse the SQLContinue reading Progress on Merging SMS databases
Disclaimer: I haven’t actually done it, yet. Last night I rediscovered my original iPhone SMS database from before I did a factory-reset on my phone. I had jailbroken my 3G ages ago, and ever since then, the carrier wasn’t updating properly, regardless of the SIM card I used or country I was in. So inContinue reading Merging two iPhone SMS sqlite databases
I got a new laptop in March, which includes an SSD and 16GB of RAM, and it was enough inspiration (over and above the virtual machines for SQL Server that I’ve been playing with) to work some more on ShutOff 2000. I’ve made astounding progress on it, considering the lethargic approach the C# version hasContinue reading ShutOff 2000 progress report