I love calling people “dumbass”, and for a while (owing to a certain couch jumping incident) I was calling them “tomcruises” instead.
Times change, and Randy Cassingham (from This Is True) reminded me of a better word: obliviot. It’s a delightful, cromulent, nay expressive word.
Here’s the list. There are more references in the rest of this site under the “obliviot” category.
- Tom Cruise, for not eating the placenta.
- Richard Hatch, for failing to pay tax on his “Survivor” winnings.
- Schabir Shaik, for being caught.
- Bill O’Reilly, and this is why.
- Robert Mugabe, for being, well, Robert Mugabe.
- Anglican Archbishop Njongonkulu Ndungane, who says same-sex marriage is unchristian.
- Thabo Mbeki, for doing nothing about crime, or Zimbabwe, or HIV/AIDS, etc., etc., etc. (Problem solved by the ANC and a little recall vote.)
- Archbishop Angelo Bagnasco (head of Italy’s bishops), and this is why.
- The Minister of Heathen Worship Health, Manto Tshabalala-Msimang, for the African Potato.
- Boiki Tsedu, Limpopo roads and transport spokesperson, for saying that car heaters can kill you.
- The entire US economy for overstating its gold reserves, lending more money than it had, etc., etc., etc.
- People who can’t figure out how to remove entries from a mailing list (this used to be a short list…).