The first thing you’ll notice is the name: ShutOff 2000. I decided that “ITS ShutOff Professional” didn’t roll off the tongue as easily. Plus, there’s so much branding inherent in the original name, that changing it seemed foolish.

I wrote quite extensively on this new .NET version in a recent post, as well as the fun I had with a bug in ShutOff 2000. (I’ve decided on .NET 3.5 as the minimum requirement for this baby. This is to ensure that the new version remains more current than the Visual Basic 6 base of ShutOff 2000.)

Tonight, quite by chance, I opened up the project in Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 and started playing around. As a result, two hours later, the command line version is finalised and in testing, and the GUI version is finalised and in testing. That’s a big win right there.

There are two final pieces I need to put in before it can be released, which are in the core library, plus a bit of polish on the UI.

I’m anticipating something final in the next couple of weeks, if not sooner. I doubt it’ll be sooner, thanks to NaNoWriMo.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.